Thursday, July 1, 2021

International Plein Air Painters JULY FEATURE ARTIST Sandra Nunes

 SANDRA NUNES  Rio de Janeiro, Brazil


 

www.sandranunes.com

 
Associate Member of Pastel Society of America
Charter Member of Landscape Artists International - www.l-a-i.com
Associate Member of International Plein Air Painters - http://ipap.homestead.com/members_N_O.html
Member of Associação de Artistas Visuais de SantaTeresa
www.chavemestra.com.br

 

An award winning contemporary Brazilian artist from Rio de Janeiro, Sandra Nunes is in love with her native city, her main source of inspiration. Strolling through its urban, suburban and bucolic sites, she interprets and recreates the relationship between shapes and colors, testifying the routine of its inhabitants.

I am used to saying that I am a Plein Air Person.

Plein Air Painting has a special poetic. I love painting outdoors, being challenged by the changing weather, interact with curious passersby and become part of the scenery with my painting gear. Experiencing Nature’s or even urban’s atmosphere is almost as important as the visual theme.

I work outdoors with a variety of canvas dimensions. According to my mood or to what the situation imposes, my painting gear can be as small as a mint tin box (I always have prepared in my pocket), a cigar box adapted to my bike or even much larger ones, when working with a conventional painting box or easel.

Rather than being iconographic, my paintings reflect the emotional response to what my senses capture on site.

Sandra Nunes work has been published, exhibited and collected in Brazil and abroad.

The artist teaches and mentors life drawing workshops in her studio and plein air painting around the world.

 

An

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INTERNATIONALPLEIN AIR PAINTERS - CALL for 2022 SIGNATURE Members

  IPAP is issuing a  CALL for SIGNATURE Members DEADLINE and all INFO at http://ipap.homestead.com/application_signature.html